Mercury Summer Stock (MSS) exists to create extraordinary theatrical experiences, and to advance theatre as a means of educating, challenging and inspiring the Greater Cleveland community and its young people through family-friendly programing of rarely seen and premier works, innovative staging, and through its educational outreach and My First Musical program.
Mercury Summer Stock seeks to be a community trend-setter for excellence in theatre production and education. We strive to lead in the creation of wildly innovative works of musical theatre, and in theatre training and generating unique programs for using theatre as an inspiration for creative development.
- Musical Theatre should be accessible to anyone regardless of age, race, education or financial background.
- Musical Theatre should spark the imagination of everyone involved, whether participant or patron.
- The mentoring of young people is a key responsibility of Mercury Summer Stock.
- Musical Theatre must encourage the power of creative and critical thinking.
- Our youth must be valued and provided with the tools to realize their artistic vision.
- We do our best work when all are involved as collaborators in the pursuit of the artistic vision.
- We must be attentive stewards of our resources.
- We must embrace the fundamental attributes of our patrons and participants: with candid curiosity and imaginative risk taking.